Friday, November 11, 2011

November 11

Today is Veterans Day.  I am thankful for the brave men and women who have served our country and for those who continue to serve.   There are many veterans in my family and in the family into which I married.  I am proud to be related to so many men who have helped protect our country and our freedoms.  Here is a list of relatives (both mine and my husband’s) who have served in the military.  I wish I had pictures of all of them in their uniforms. 

Bill Jewell (father)
Melburn Connor (grandfather)
John Guthrie (father-in-law)
David Jewell (nephew)
Steven Jewell (nephew)
Ray Cowsert (brother-in-law)
William Archie (husband’s grandfather)
Jeff Guthrie (uncle)
Michael Guthrie (uncle)
Chris Guthrie (uncle)

I don't have pictures of all of them in their uniforms, but here are a few:
My Daddy
Another picture of my Daddy.  Those boots are pretty cool with the chef's hat  :)

My Pawpaw Connor who served during WWII

Another of my Pawpaw. Wasn't he handsome?
My father-in-law

My nephew, David

My nephew, Steven

No comments: