Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wow, they look like... babies.


Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt sold the first pictures of their new twins for $15 million. The issue of People magazine containing the pictures--spread over 19 pages--goes on sale Monday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure these babies will grow up to be as adorable as older sister, Shiloh, but right now they're just babies. Yes, they're special to their family, but they could have swapped their babies with two others and no one would know the difference.

I'm still not sure how I feel about selling pictures of your child. I understand celebrities wishing to dissuade paps from endangering lives for a snap of their babies, but fifteen million??? At least they're going to donate their money to charity. That's very kind. Kind of creepy, but kind.

And what is it with all the twins in Hollywood? Brad and Angelina. J-LO and Skeletor (I never can remember his name). Dennis Quaid and his wife. Now I've read that Jerry O'Connell and Rebecca Romijn are having twins. Are twins becoming a trend? What's next in Hollyweird? Triplets? Quads? Conjoined?

3 comments:

Beth said...

That's IVF for you... usually you get more than one baby. I heard Angelina did IVF.... not sure if it's true. JLO denies it... but it's what they call a private thing, I guess. Most of the people I know that have twins either did IUI or IVF. I cannot imagine caring for more than one at a time early on... one is enough :) What about Jon and Kate plus 8 and their sextuplets? Can you IMAGINE?

As for selling pics... yep it's creepy in a way. I'll just wait for someone on the net to publish the pics... I'm not giving People another dime!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Lisa MArie Presley, who is also expecting twins. I doubt IVF is involved with hers, since her famous father was also a twin.

a.j.g. said...

According to their interview in People magazine, they didn't use IVF. They claim that twins run in Brad's family.