Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day Twenty-Nine: Yeah, It Makes Me Smile

Looks like I'm in the home stretch of the "30-Day Challenge."  The last few days, I've slacked off a little, but I was having trouble getting each day finished and I felt I was sacrificing quality for quantity.  I've also been working on some other projects that I hope to get up on the BWC site in the next few weeks.  Anywho, today is Day 29 and I'm supposed to post a picture that makes me smile.  This is a pretty easy task since I can open any folder labeled "Amelia" and take my pick.  I know I'm partial, but my baby girl is too cute and too funny.  I have a hard time being humble about her; I guess that's pretty normal for a parent, though.  It may come as a surprise then, that my picture today is not a picture of Amelia.  It is actually a picture of my husband and another baby, my sweet little Bean.

I have three favorite pictures of my husband:  one from our wedding day, one from the day our daughter was born, and this one.  I can't exactly put into words just why it's one of my favorites, but for the sake of this blog, I'll try.

For starters, I love the sweet look on John's face. My husband is a very kind man, which is part of the reason I fell in love with him.  This picture captures that side of him so perfectly.  Bean was the first newborn he had ever held, and as you may be able to tell, he was rather smitten by her (as we all were). I kind of think of this picture as the beginning of John's journey toward fatherhood since spending so much time with this little sweetie seemed to give him a low-grade baby fever.  

Bean was just one day old when this picture was taken, so it's also special since it was her introduction into our lives.  Bean's mother is one of my most precious friends, and we love both her and her beautiful daughter.  We are so honored that we get to be Bean's honorary "Uncle John" and "Aunt Amber."  This little girl means so much to me, and I would do anything to keep her happy and healthy. 

Bean is 3 1/2 now and has a sweet baby brother.  John and I have a baby of our own, too.  Between jobs and kids and everything else in our lives, we don't get to visit with our "extended family" as much as we like.  This picture is a sweet reminder of how special they are to both of us.  So, yeah, it makes me smile. 

1 comment:

Like you don't know. said...

Post the one of him and the shoulder pads. Hilarious. This is a great picture.