Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 8

I am full-blown sick today.  When the Hubby got home from work this evening, I decided to go to the urgent care clinic and get a flu test.  When I arrived at the clinic to which I normally go, they said that all the rooms were full.  There were also a dozen or more patients ahead of me in the waiting room.  I filled out my paperwork and sat down, pulling out my phone to piddle on and pass the time.  Within a few minutes I was freezing and feeling even worse than when I arrived.  They hadn’t called a single name.  I text the Hubby and asked him if he’d call another clinic to see how long the wait was.  It was going to be 30-40 minutes at the 2nd clinic.  He suggested going to the walk-in clinic he uses each month.  I hesitated because I knew it would mean filling out new patient material, but he assured me they would be fast.  He called the clinic and found out there was no wait, so I got in the car and headed that way.  Thirty minutes later, I was walking out to my car with a diagnosis and prescription—and that half hour included filling out paperwork, getting blood work and seeing the doctor.  As I drove by the 1st clinic, I wondered if I’d still be in the waiting room had I stayed.  So today I am thankful for the Family Care Walk-In Clinic and their awesome staff.  They got me in and out and home to my family before Peanut was in bed.  Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow because today has been tough.  I’m NOT thankful for the 6:45 wakeup call I got from Peanut this morning.  Damn you, end of Daylight Savings!

No comments: