Sunday, October 26, 2008

This town is too small to get lost in

If you've known me for very many years, you may know that October is my hardest month. I'm sure some doctor would diagnose me with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD! Isn't that ironic???) but it's not the season. The rest of fall is great. Even winter is fine and dandy for me. It's October. I always get moody and gloomy. This year, it struck a bit late; I'm just now feeling the full effects. I figured it would be worse than usual with all the stress from work, but maybe I've been too busy to let the month get its fingers in me. Oh, and I've been doing my fair share of self medicating. The weird thing is that I love the month. I love the colors, the smells, the weather. I love Halloween. I have some wonderful memories of this time of year. And if you ask me any other time of the year, I'll tell you how much I love early autumn. I've never been able to figure out what gets me this way. I only have a few days to go, though. November 1st is approaching quickly; the end is in sight. I suppose until then I'll just keep cranking up "August and Everything After," hitting the vino a bit harder than usual, going on my fair share of aimless drives and praying the ones I love can make it through another October of Angsty Amber.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two small?

a.j.g. said...

Duly noted and corrected. While I may have a decent grasp on the English language, I am prone to typos.

Anonymous said...

Miss you two awful like. (Is Southern enough?)