Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10

Well, no miraculous recovery.  Thanks for nothing, Max.


I am now on Day Four of Bacterial Infection 2011 and it SUUUUUCCCKKKKSSSS.  It started out with a sore throat, then turned into a sore throat and sinus drainage, and then turned into the sinus headache from Hell and very angry ears.  Fortunately, my head has cleared how and I’m not longer in pain.  Unfortunately, it’s all traveled to my chest and I’ve developed a painfully unproductive cough.  I’ve run a low-to-mid- grade fever on and off since Monday night, which has made me feel draggy and cold.  I’m so ready to get over this mess and get back to normal.  Being sick is absolutely not conducive to being a SAHM.  I’ve been lucky that my toddler has been in a relatively good mood and has wanted to snuggle the past few days (except that means she also wants to be RIGHT IN MY FACE).  My hubby was off work yesterday which allowed me to get some extra rest, too.  While I’ve been parked in the recliner, though, it’s given me ample time to stare at all the dog hair in the floor, to think about how little food (or milk or juice or…anything) there is in my fridge, and to reflect on the lack of quality children’s programming on television.  My poor child has watched more TV in the past few days that she’s watched in her entire life, and if it weren’t for programs saved on the DVR, I’m convinced her brain would be total mush by now. 

It’s hard to come up with a post for today since I feel pretty wretched (coughing 'til you puke, anyone?), but I have to say I’m thankful for the time I’ve been able to spend with my little one.  Being sick forces me to do nothing but hang out with her and get my snuggles on, and I think that’s been good for both of us (except the TV part).  

I’m also thankful for prescription cough syrup.  Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition Poly-Tussin! 
I'm sick and crabby.  Deal with it.



P.S.  I promise that tomorrow's post will not be about being sick.  Unless my arm falls off or some crazy crap like that happens. 

1 comment:

Fire Juan said...

Did your arms fall off since you haven't posted? ;)