Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 22

I have long said that teachers make some of the best friends.  Maybe it's because we understand each other's struggles better than anyone.   Maybe it's because we spend so much time at school that we don't have time to make any other friends.   Hell, maybe it's because we're all a little nuts and speak some strange moon language only known by educators.  All I know is that over the past ten years, 95% of my closest friends have been other teachers.

I left the classroom a year-and-a-half ago to stay at home with Peanut.  I love being a SAHM, but I do sometimes miss teaching.  I especially miss seeing my friends on a daily basis.  I worked with some awesome women, and I am so thankful that they are a part of my life.  


I was able to spend a few hours with three of these ladies tonight.  My face hurts from laughing (and my head from smacking it on the table WHILE I was laughing), and I feel like my "grown up conversation" tank is full again.  Whenever we get together, there's no TELLING what we will say. In a fifteen minute period, it may be serious, hysterical, silly, perverted, dark, political, or loud... well, it's pretty much always loud.  Our conversations tonight included (not necessarily in this order) education, oral sex, religion, ghosts, politics, high school, weight loss, assholes (the people, not the actual... um... holes), racism, and marijuana.  And even when we disagreed, we laughed.   


My toddler is a HOOT to be with, but I I won't lie and say I don't crave adult time.  I sorely needed to see these gals' faces tonight and to reconnect with them once again.  

Love my "lushous" ladies  *wink wink*  I am thankful for each and every one of you!

No comments: