Saturday, February 21, 2009

Eyes Sewn Shut (Part Seven)

Later that night, Felicia knocked on Lora’s bedroom door.

“It’s unlocked.”

Felicia walked in, a sheepish look on her face.

“Um, hey, I felt like I should come in and apologize for earlier. I didn’t mean to take it out on you. Jason just really pissed me off.”

“Oh. It’s fine, I guess. No big deal.”

Felicia took another step into the room.

“No, it’s not. I had no right to be such a rotten bitch. You were trying to help. I just don’t want hard feelings between us. It won’t make living together very enjoyable.”

Lora sat for a moment, her mind working furiously, and then turned in her chair to face Felicia.

“Would you want to talk about it?”

“No, it’s okay,” Felicia replied. “I can see you’re busy.”

“I’m not that busy. Here,” she said, patting the bed, “sit down and tell me what’s up.”

No comments: